The customer is in touch with a 24 hour helpline to respond to medical incidents of any kind.
The following benefits are on an access only basis. These services include:
- Telephonic Medical advice and information – 24 hours, seven days a week
- Referrals to medical practitioners and facilities
- Liaison with next of kin to keep them informed
- Travelling companions for stranded minors (motor vehicle collisions)
- Telephonic medical and travel advice
For the member's medical aid/own account:
- Emergency medical response to the scene of an incident
- Emergency medical transportation to the nearest appropriate medical facility
- Transfer of emergency medicine and blood
Cost in terms of services rendered by a service provider are payable by the customer’s medical aid, or if applicable costs are recoverable directly from Member.